Relationships take work. I don't think anyone can deny that.
Think of all the roles you have in your life - child, parent, friend, significant other, student, mentor, sibling, roommate, coworker, etc. Each role you have has a unique relationship with another person. For example, your relationship with your coworker is probably more formal than that relationship you have with your roommate. Choose one relationship that is meaningful to you (meaning, you want to continue to maintain it). What would help that relationship grow?
What can YOU do to enhance the relationship (think realistically, here).
With my siblings, our relationship would be much deeper if I were to open up and engage with them what struggles I were facing. Discussing my frustrations isn't easy, but it would definitely enhance our connection. When they upset me, I need to tell them, instead of simply absorbing my feelings. The next time I see 2 of my siblings will be this weekend. I am motivated to speak honestly and open to them. Our relationship can only be strengthened if I am motivated to open up and communicate honestly.
Share on your blog your specific situation. List one goal that you will work towards achieving next time you are with that person.
A new dependence...
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment